Monday, July 9, 2007

Summertime

This to me is my summer happy. Flip flops, green grass, a good book, toenails painted by Shawn in his favoritest color....ahhh so nice. This picture was taken on the 4th while we were taking a break from the carnival and walking. I had grabbed the camera to get some pictures of Mason while he was playing "army" with his little pop gun that Shawn had won for him. But this picture of my flip flop, book, blue toenails...totally made me smile. This is a photograph that you will see scrapped in the very near future ;0)

Here is a picture of the project that Mason and Shawn worked on yesterday. Yes, there is a story for this one (with Mason there is always a story). Shawn had thrown out an old grass seed spreader because the wheel was broken and all of the holes on the inside had rusted over. Mason grabbed onto it and wanted to make a carrier for all of his Webkinz. Over the last year he has collected a few (too many) Webkinz and is totally into them right now! Anyway...Mason's little creative mind wanted to 'chop' the seed spreader into a stroller. Shawn began with saying no-it's trash-it doesn't work. And I told Shawn....Ummmm, Mason could be 'occupied' for a few hours working on this project, which then had Shawn saying "Hey Mase, go ahead and make it into what you want." :0) Little did I know that Shawn would spend the afternoon with him. Too sweet and cool. This is what they came up with.....
They some how attached it to Mase's bike and he LOVES this!!! We were laughing so hard when we went on our bike/walk because it the 'stroller' doesn't really flow with the bike, more like jerk tail feather kind of thing. But so creative.

Now I must mention (because I told Shawn that I was going too) that if you notice, Shawn is riding my bike.....



Here is a view from the back......



And a close up........ LAUGHING!!!! How is this for an irony. A big burly bald tatooed, wife beater tank top wearing tough guy, riding a bike that has PRINCESS on the seat. This is classic Shawn. Such a combination of completely different stereotypes, which are mostly untrue. He is the reason you should never judge a book by its cover. I love you baby. Thanks for making me laugh.
Bailey is at volleyball camp. Miss her. Hope she is loving it. Did I say that I missed her??
Need to go get some of my list accomplished. Good times here. Hugs and happiness. m
My Happy for today: Ummmm.....not getting any bills in the mail.





3 comments:

Angie said...

The whole "princess Shawn" picture is still cracking me up...now THAT is a REAL man!!

Still lovin' the blue toes...I'm thinkin bout' doin' mine purple!

dr said...

ROFL my @ss off!!!!!!!!!
Ya know he could be very attractive to some men on that bike- eeuuuiwwa!!
Diggin the flipp flop pic too.
Thanks so much for making me and Spencer laugh. I cracked up and he came over to see what I was laughing at. He said "Yeap, we have one of those Mase's too."

Tanya said...

This put such a big huge smile on my face!!
Love the picture of Shawn with the princess license plate. Yes you should never judge a book by it's cover. Shawn is one of the sweetest most considerate of gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with!!
Awww!!! I hope Bailey is having fun!!!