Sunday, August 5, 2007

Have to share before I crash....

I am tired.
Today was a shift day for me at the hospital and my feet hurt. Anyone recommend good shoes? Getting old really does suck sometimes. This getting old thing was even MORE apparent last night at a wedding we went to. You see, in my mind I am young and hip and fun and YOUNG. ;0) Yet seeing some of the "kids" at the wedding made me feel OLD. Not in a bad way...more like an OMGoh!!!!---when did I get sooo flippin' old?????

Have to share some fun pics with you. I was taking a picture of Shawn when he flashed me the 'Blue Steel' look. (Zoolander, anyone?) This had me laughing then I noticed the light coming through the window treatment and thought it would be funny to try and angle the picture so that the light was sitting on his head....... This is what I got. It looked like a little old ladies pill hat on his head and I started laughing. Shawn thought I was laughing at the "Blue Steel" looks he was shooting and kept flashing them which had me laughing so hard! Then there was this one that had me dying because it looked like a mohawk. CRACKED ME UP!!!!! Look at his facial expressions. OMGoh, still laughing here!
Everyone kept having little freak outs about how much Bai looks like me. I think it was because I didn't have my hair in the 'mom bun-do-wap-thing'. Let me tell you....telling a 13 year old that she looks like her mom is not a compliment. When I look at my baby girl, I see more of Shawn and less of me. What do you think?
The wedding color was Cub blue. There was Cub stuff all over and I LOVED IT!!! A very beautiful fun and sweet wedding. More about that later and a pic of sweet Mason (I always feel bad when I post a picture of one of my children and not the other. Is that weird? AND I have some cute ones of Mase...just tired). I have got to get some sleep.
This week peoples....the photo challenge will begin. I am hoping that your cameras are dusted off and that you are ready, REALLY, really ready to try something a bit different.

Good night you wonderful people in my life.
Hugs and happiness. m

My Happy for today: Those pictures of, and sharing such laughter with, Shawn - TOTALLY make me happy.

4 comments:

dr said...

Great pics!! Those of Shawn are funny.
I see you in Bai, not Shawn. Yeap- people say alll the time how much Alec looks like me. At 10 yrs. it's not a bad thing but I know one day it will NOT be COOL to look like Mom.
Hope you slept well!!

SKeenan76 said...

OMG, those pics are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!!!
I'm home sick today...maybe I'll upload some pics and actually POST a few?!?! We'll see. ;)
And I honestly want to do that when I get married (whenever that may be)...CUBS and Red Sox (for Shawn)!!
BTW, I definitely see you in Bai...definitely!

Leah said...

LOL. Love the pics, and yeah Bai looks like you!!! It's really cool. Photo contest??? I am without a camera AGAIN, something went horribly wrong with the Canon and I am saving my pennies (LOL) for my "big one" I miss it already!!!

ChristianeK said...

LOL!!! The pics of Shawn are too funny. You and Bai look so beautiful.I can hardly wait for the photo contest. Sounds so exciting. Take care :)