Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sippin' A Cuppa Happy

Some random stuff from my life today ;)

I have completed my homework....ALL of it for the week. Now I have the rest of today and ALL DAY TOMORROW to kick back. My goal was to have it done before Saturday but, hey, I was close and I won't mention how good I was at 'avoiding, without really avoiding' this week. LOL

FYI for those who advised with my hubby thing...Shawn is going out with the guys. I really do hope that he has a nice time but watch out if he acts like an idiot because of the idiots he surrounds himself with!

Last night I jogged/walked TWO miles! Oh, yeah....I totally rock. Felt good too. Now if I can just keep this momentum up. It was Baily, Mason and I went on the bike/walk/jog. (Mason rides the bike because of his little legs...although not so little any more) We have this path that we follow that we know is two miles. It is the path that we travel on most of our bike/walks...which reminded Bailey of a Mason story that I had already forgotten.
When he was three he broke his arm pretty bad (very traumatizing for me as a parent) and I became very overprotective of Mason doing any kind of activity...always yelling "slow down" or "don't do that you'll get hurt". Anyway it was shortly after the MTV show "Punk'd" came out, we were going for our bike/walk and Mason had ridden his little bike on ahead of us. He layed the bike down in the gravel and fell to the side of the bike lying sprawled out...I ran up to him saying "WHAT HAPPENED??" He starts giggling (with his huge Shawn dimpples and great big blue eyes) and says "punk'd ya!!!". He was FOUR YEARS OLD and he thought he got me good and was so puffed up. LOL. We all laughed our buts off. I am sure reading this might not have the same effect but our memory of that story fills us with warm contentment and makes us smile. Love that.

Hey want you to check out and bookmark this blog http://angiehuonker.blogspot.com/ (still can't figure out how to link the damn link without showing the whole link!! GRRRR). This is Angie and she has just begun the blog journey in her own blog spot. Keep an eye out because she has got it going on.

Somethings that I am loving lately:
Weight Watchers caramel cakes (1 flippin' point), and Dove chocolate bites!! Yummy
The Secret
letting go
The glimpses into others lives through their blogs and photography (check my list of "Oh The Places I Go")
The new Elliott Yamin song...so sweet.
Connections

What's up with D Lee throwing punches during the game today??? Kind of craziness. And the Cubs didn't even get the win. GRRRR.

Need to go play and catch up with some girlies. Hugs, hope and happiness to you. m

My Happy for today: Getting my homework done!! (that is more like relief, but that relief made me happy) LOL

3 comments:

Leah said...

Okay I am totally loving your broken arm story, that is tooo funny!!!Here is to hoping the hubby doesn't act too idiotic for you. LOL

Love the list of loves.... Elliot Yamin?? I haven't heard it, but I liked that guy, and I'm dying to read the secret....

Thanks for the love on my blog..you always make me smile girl.

{{Hugs}}}

Angie said...

Punk'd ya GOOD I would say!! That is TOO funny!

Thanks for the shout out on my new blog!! But..I finally get it up and going, come over to yours and what do I see...put your new, layout, scrolly, banner thing!! SHOWOFF!! I'm gonna figure out the whole link thingy and totally not telling you how to do it!!

Way to go on the homework...a free weekend...and I'm guessing that Shawn probably won't be up for the boat tomorrow huh.

2 MILES!! You so SUCK right now! You're gonna kick my ass this week!

dr said...

Go Mason Go Mason!! That one is great!!

What about the slide thingy with the LO's? Go M GO M!! Must check that out.

What Secret?

2 miles- very very proud of you. I can't even seem to put on shoes much less, walk, run or jog.

Gonna go check on Angie, she took the plunge!!

have a super weekend!