Thursday, May 31, 2007

Photos Make Me Happy.

***What's a blog without some cool photos? I love seeing into other people's worlds through their blogs and pictures. Come to think about it...it is probably one of the reasons that I LOVE scrapbooking magazines so very, very much. It is a glimpse into lives of others through their pictures and journals all captured in layouts.

This is a photo that I took last weekend when we took the spontaneous trip up in the tower. There were little saying around the tower and this one kind of made me and Shawn say "Hmmmm"

Found this picture on my camera...along with 50 other self portraits. Bailey is really into the 'art' of photography. Some of her pictures reminded me of Elsie Flannigan. Just hip, free, funny kind of snapshots. Although in this particular picture Bai isn't smiling (the world shines when she smiles) she wanted to "capture her eyes". Someone told her that dark eye liner makes her eyes pop. I am not going for the dark eye liner....a little teenager-parent battle. (Stay tuned to see who will win this one, lol)

GRRRR (not a mad grrr, a tiger, look at my hot man and our cutie-patootie offspring kind of grrrr)! Shawn cut down a tree in our yard that had died (yes, Donna the 'drama tree') and of course a man needs to burn when he is destructing, right??? Anyway, I wanted to try and get some cool pictures for Wednesdays@3 and I soooo totally did....can't wait until Wednesday. In the process I captured my Shawn and his little Mini-Me. lol. So cute.
Now onto me....this taken by Bailey today and yes I have a shiny face (I like to call it a glow, but really it is just so stinkin' humid after the rain I am sweltering), and yes my scrap 'studio' is an absolute disaster ares, and yes those are really my man hands, and yes there is one of my happy mugs with ...you guessed it COFFEE! Hey, does ANYONE know how to help me reduce the glare off of my glasses? It is becoming such a pet peeve of mine. Maybe I should just break down and wear my contacts more, huh??

***OK, enough with my pictures. LOL. How about this....has everyone gotten their July/August Simple Scrapbook magazine? OMGoh!!! Just looking at the cover makes me happy and causes a little drool to pool at the corner of my mouth AND it screams SUMMER FUN!!! I can hardly wait to find inspiration through those pages. I am saving it though. Using it as a reward for getting crap done. Talk about self torture! {{{wink}}}
***Weighed in today at Weight Watchers. Down 1.4 more pounds. Yeah, that is good but .... it isn't so much the number for me it is my body. I want to feel good in my skin again, which means exercise. And I am tired of bitchin' about it. I am doing. For me and for Angie because she can't this week. Who's with me??? HECK YEAH WE WILL EXERCISE! chant it with me!! HEALTHY IS BEAUTIFUL. Donna-do, sweetie... I need an exercise-motivational diddy ;)
***One last thing and then I am going to go. Please don't assume things with or about me. I am completely open and if you ask I will tell you. I can be prone to knee-jerk kind of reactions but try not to....if something upsets you or bothers you let me know. If I can/want to I will fix it or clarify it. Don't just go off on a tangent because you have assumed something. K? :)
***Hope you all have a great Thursday! Tomorrow is a work day for me but I can still catch you through emails. HUGS and HAPPINESS. m
My Happy for today: To have found really incredible friends through a little website called scrapbook.com. You girls totally ROCK MY WORLD!! and I am seriously blessed to have found you.




6 comments:

ahuonker said...

Great pic's...this makes me KNOW that I need to be taking my camera everywhere I go...just not been doing it lately!! Gotta work on that!

1...2...3...4...up...down...up...down...whew! That was tough...it's the best exercise I've had all week...feelin' the burn baby!!!

I assume....NOTHING...man!!! Wouldn't want to experience THAT tangent!! love ya! ;0)

Have a great day at work tomorrow!!

dr said...

Here is a little diddy
for you- from me.

M needs some mo-ti-vation
I'll be her in-spi-ration.

Watch eating all the junk
cause it goes straight to the trunk.

Eating healthy & right
not snacking late at night

Is the way to eat
to lose that bulging seat.

Eatin' right is not all to do
so strap on them tennie shoes.

For tomorrow you will run
eventhough it isn't fun.

You will jog not even a mile
and then ya'll start to smile.

Laugh at yourself- you see
How out of shape can I be??

A mile really doesn't seem far
-only when you're in a car.

Just run with an even pace
and breath for goodness sake!

You will heave a little for some air
and maybe even begin to swear.

Try to look at things gone by
you'll reach your goal only if you try.

Here is the motivation
I hope it gives you inspiration!!

Leah said...

Hey you!! If I had a "happy" list, that would be on it too. My scrapbook friends are the best... and I love ya {{Hugs}}} Blog entry is awesome. Great pics!! but what is Wednesday's @ 3 exactly??

Theresa said...

Congrats on your new blog. I had to start one over here too. The one on the scrapbook site was just too much work. Like easy much better!

Staci Compher said...

and 1 , and 2, feel the burn!!!
......So funny about your daughters self pics, my daughter does the same thing...and they have become some of my favorite photos....Teenagers!! ahggg!!

Tanya said...

I love Bailey's eyeliner.. Her eyes look amazing!! Wow that sign is kind of eerie I think.
Love the happy mug and your happy face and you do not have man hands!!