Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Random Bits and Some Sharing

1. My Cubies have me mad right now. Let's not talk about it....

2. Sharing a piece of art that I 'played' with. I started with a canvas (el cheap-o from Hobby Lobby) and just went to town with different things. There are some jewels, some texture medium, some masking, stamps, scrapbook paper, buttons, paints, gel pen...just a bit of this and that. I will say that it turned out darker than I wanted it to but that is just how things like this go. And I am still working on "getting things wrong" or "messing up" or "ruining the thing". I have found with art that you just DO! Things work themselves out and if you totally hate it Gesso over the whole damned thing and do it over ;o) What do you think of it? First time using this long canvas so spacing was an issue for me. Now what to do with them? I have another one that I need to find a home for.
3. Still working through the "Love and Logic" parenting book. A REALLY REALLY great way to look at parenting. I think that some of the things in the book we already do however on a different scale. For example the book says that it is good to give your children options for them to decide yet make them ones that you can live with....OK, see I already do this. I say Do you want to take the dog for a walk or do you want to be restricted?? Ooops...yeah, this is what I need to work on, giving options that are real options for my children. Really. What child would decide to be grounded. "Love and Logic" encourages giving such options as..."will you please take Booda for a walk? If no I do it and "model" the behavior I want to see. And when they want to perhaps walk to a friends house I kindly remind them that the chose not to walk Booda and therefor cannot walk to a friends house. The theory is that they learn from the consequence. And this is totally what I am getting from the book in my own words....not what the book says. With everything I read, I take inspiration, bits and pieces and try to use them, learn from them or change depending on what feels good for the way we live.

4. This is what my scrap area looks like right now. Things that make me happy and works in progress. I think I need to clean up a bit for some room to actually work. See the Diet Vanilla Pepsi picture? That was a card made for my by a very talented girlie. It was a season friendship but her work still totally makes me smile every time I see it.
5. If anyone has read the book "The Secret" they know about the law of attraction. These stamps came from this law of attraction. Here is how: I was blog stalking at Staci Compher's blog (love the layering in her scrapbook pages) and she said she loved the new Pink Paiselee stamps. I thought they looked pretty cook on her layouts also and thought.....ohhhh would like me some of those too! So I googled them and couldn't find anything about them. Kind of let it go however any time I went to get a alphabet stamp I would think that I needed (OK wanted) that Pink Paiselee set. For the past three weeks I have been obsessing (a little too strong of a word but close enough) about the stamps and yesterday I ended up having an extra two hours of time before my next class so what is a girl to do but to go to the lss. AND guess what was right in the door????? These babies. Woot-hooo!!!!! The law of attraction at work...or maybe just just a coincidence but ya know?? I also just so happened to have a coupon for $15 and the stamps were $13......very nice for a girlie working on her budget!
6. A picture of Mason and I on a field trip. I am having issues with him growing his hair out but this boy totally fills me with just a happiness and joy. Looking at this picture I know what a blessing I have.

7. I am behind on my gratitude scrapbook. Need to go work on that.
Are you still with me?
Kind of a long blog huh?
Told ya I missed it.
LOL!
Later-taters.
Loves and hugs.
m

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm sooo glad you decided to stay with blogging. I found your post waayyy at the bottom, I can totally relate, I don't think anyone really even reads my blog, but I still love to get stuff out and babble on and vent I suppose. Tell me more about the parenting book, who is the author? It sounds good! Your scrapping makes me want to paper scrap again....almost! LOL

I gave myself a room of my own, for scrapping, reading, whatever. It is all mine, and it stays clean, that is the amazing part! I guess nobody wants anything to do with what is in there!