Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wowza....

Sometimes I am in awe of just how fast time goes.

Here is my first blog list for 2008........

1. This is the kind of picture that I find when Mason has the camera. I love what his eyes try to capture. Ya know if this boy could figure out all of the settings to capture correctly on film the things in his eye, he would make a spectacular photographer. Note to self...look into some sort of photography class for children ;o) 2. We are starting the biggest loser thing here at the Moore household. I know that I have bitched and moaned about my increasing weight and have 'attempted' to get in shape, only to gain back that pesky fat. This time Shawn is in and that makes the world of different. Not that he was my excuse before but......it really is hard to watch someone eat the GOOD food while you are grazing on broccoli. LOL! Seriously though, our whole family is going to be eating better and we are going to be making it a point to make better food choices. Any one have some good-tasty-healthy recipes???? Send them our way. ;o)

3. I myself am not too much of a video gamer. Give me a puzzle, sudoku, or word game and I am in. However....the Moore family has been infected with the Guitar Hero III bug. I am talking about HOURS of music, family time, competition and fun. Of course I just document the fun. Tried the game once and well....it's just not my cup of tea baby. But oh how I love watching Shawn, Bai and Mase play away.

4. I am totally missing my friends. One of my things to work on is connecting better with people. Sometimes (most of the time) I get caught up in life and myself and don't make the effort to connect like I want to.

5. Can you guess what the white is on our naughty pug???? I will give you some hints: It is not gray hairs, the substance on his fur rhymes with ain't......

PAINT!

On his ear and side. As if we don't have problems enough with him losing his fur to allergies??!!

6. And the paint came from some home improvement. We are painting the dining room and kitchen. I am not sure what the heck I was thinking when I picked yellows, I think I wanted a warm and sunshiny feeling but the shade was totally off and it ended up being more of a cool color with a greenish cast. Whatever...this is the new colors....Mark Twain Tan for the dining room with bright white trim, and the kitchen with be a shade lighter with a wine red accent and white trim. Shawn has done the color choices. I will have to share what it looks like in the end.....he says by Monday....I say we shall see.
7. Here is my little Derrik snowman. I received it as a Christmas gift from Mom and Jeff. LOVE him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shannon I know you love this little guy ;o)
8. I need to go pay my bills and set our budget for 2008. Good times in doing that!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Miss ya.

Hugs and Happies.

m

3 comments:

dr said...

#1 Good shot- I see potential myself.

#2 Good luck on the win!!

#3 I'm with you- documentor not gamer.

#4 I miss you too!!

#5 Hope it's not oil base.

#6 I love the color I see in the kitchen.

#7 What a cute snowman!!

#8 YUCKY!! & what's a budget? I want one.

Leah said...

Love that pic Mason took.

Wish I could help you in the recipe department, but I'm not much of a cook or a healthy eater. LOL.

Seems everyone is hooked on guitar hero. I will have to try it.

Talk to you soon =)

SKeenan76 said...

OMG -- you know it, sweetie -- I'm digging that snowman A LOT!!! WOHOOO!!! ;)

Ohh man, I wish I knew some recipes myself. I've gained quite a bit over the last year - bad habits, eating late, eating a lot, etc. -- good luck!!

Your poor lil' naughty pug! What a cute picture though...pugs always make me giggle.

BUDGET...some day we won't need budgets, right?!?! WISHFUL THINKING...ho hum.

XO!