Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat

I am not a big one on the Halloween holiday.

Don't get me wrong, I think the kids have fun with it and there is something nice about the family carving pumpkins, and for the first week there is the cool candy high....but really, honestly I am just not a holiday person.


Not a scrooge...just not a holiday person.


The thing that I do like about Halloween is the carving of pumpkins.


Usually we do 'pumpkin head' pictures. I pulled these up from 2005. They crack me up for a number of reasons but I must say that I REALLY need to repaint my dining room. LOL! AND the family is totally cutie with the pumpkin heads.


This year Shawn picked up a design pumpkin carving kit from walmart and they didn't do pumpkin heads. Although I must say that they carvings turned out pretty dang neat.The pumpkin guts are the worst for me. I am proud to say that I did NOT gag this year!! (Thanks you my dear sweet children and hubby for not slapping the snotty stringy pumpkin guts on the table while making totally gross sound effects.)This is Mason and his pumpkin with Shawn's help. edit...yep, again too lazy to rotate the picture. You will just have to turn your head sideways. LOL. ;0) This is Bai's pumpkin that she carved all by herself. It must be noted though that throughout the whole carving process she complained that it wasn't 'good enough'. My little OCD girl.
My pumpkin carving job is to take the pictures. :)

Tonight we will be taking the 'Ninja' (Mason) and 'bumble bee' (Booda) out trick-or-treating. Bai hasn't decided if she will go with us, her bff, or stay home and pass out candy. She was a little bummed that I wouldn't BUY her a costume....told her she was too old for me to buy one that she could 'create' one and that didn't appeal to her too much. Does that make me a bad mom? Am I a Halloween dream crusher? LOL.

OK, enough of my rambling. I am going back to sprappin. Shawn called on his lunch and I answered the phone "Michelle's scrap shack" because that is what I am doing today. Not studying for the math test, not making lesson plans out, not the dishes, not the laundry, not dusting or sweeping or vacuuming.....nope I am a bum of the greatest proportion today - AND I LOVE IT!!!

Hugs and happies!
OH and Leah....totally missin' ya too!
m

1 comment:

Leah said...

Awww, I love to see my name in the "Blog Headlines" He, he. Isn't that funny that we both posted something about not really enjoying the spirit of Halloween. Hmmm, I wonder if it is just an Aries thing. LOL

I hope you love the spirit of Christmas though =)