Monday, December 10, 2007

Warning.....Long Blog.....

* We finally picked out our Christmas Tree.
W almost didn't make it because it seems that around here begins getting dark around 4:30! Or at least it seemed that way the day we went to get the tree. Talbot's is open til dark and we arrived at 5PM....obviously by the pictures we might have cut it a little close ;o) Mason actually relaxed and enjoying himself. That makes me happy.

Bai jumping in a shot. Kept cracking me up then got annoying. Our self family portrait.
Shawn dragging "Fattie" our selected Christmas tree.

And the decorating begins.
It was so nice.
I love it every year when we get out the decorations (and most of them are as old as our marriage) and the kids start to remember the different ornaments. I especially love the ones that they have made or the special ones that we picked up/had given to us for a specific reason. I am thinking that this is the best part of Christmas decorating, not who has the most lights, or the most beautiful decor, not who has the best or most....for me the best part is sharing with my children memories of times past and creating memories for them so in their adulthood they will look back and know they were special, they will know that this is one of the reasons.
*Tomorrow we are taking a different step in Mason's journey. He has reached a point in which we will be seeking outside help. I will share more when I am able to, right now I am tender and so uncertain with the whole thing but I am asking that you keep Mason in your thoughts and prayers. I do know how powerful it is to have energy and prayer for someone. I am asking for that for Mason.
*The kids are out of school today. Our part of the world is under a severe ice storm warning. I am thinking that they will probably be out again tomorrow because they weather service has extended the warning of ice tonight from 6 PM until tomorrow at noon. It has been good to have then home today. We watched a very good movie. Cuddled. Bummed around.....a relaxing day. So thankful for snow (ice) days.
*After a very VERY long shift in the ER on Saturday I came home to the most fabulous Christmas card from Canada. Loved it!!! Totally made me smile and very thankful of the connections I have made through this crazy thing called the Internet. You rock Leah!!
Need to get a few more things crossed off of the ol' list.
Sending out tons of hugs and happies.
m

2 comments:

dr said...

What great memories to scrap!!
Great tree, too. I have the fondest memories of going to the woods for a tree when I was little.

I will be praying for Mason, for God's guidance & discernment for you and Shawn so ya'll will know what way to go.
Wish we could get a day off with ice & snow. OOps- I better be careful for what I wish for. It's 77 degrees and very muggy here.

Merry Merry!!

Leah said...

Love the pictures!!! I kind of wish we would have got a real tree this year now =)

So glad you loved the card. I will pray for Mason too!!

((Hugs))