Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Holding On Kind of Day

It is one of those days in which I am holding on to happy.
I am not one of those naturally happy people.
Quite the opposite really.
If you were to ask, my glass is half empty.
This means I have to work harder at holding on to the happy or finding the good.
For instance it is ICKY out.
Rainy.
Chilly.
Dark.
Slushy dirty.
And I want to curl up and go to sleep.
Not because I am tired but because things are icky, and that ickiness seeps into my soul.
Kind of sounds like a depression.
But I am not thinking so.
It just is one of those days were it is harder for me to find some happy.
Just one of those days.
Shawn forgot his cell phone and wallet.
Bai's volleyball try-outs begin today.
Mase has his doctors appointment.
My mom fell on the ice.
Dog poo'ed in the house because he hates the rain (after Shawn let him out 100 billion times this morning and was late which is why he forgot his wallet and cell).
Think I am going to go paint.
Drink some coffee and play in paint.
And remembering that it can ALWAYS be worse.
Sending out hugs and happies.
m

2 comments:

dr said...

AAhh- my friend but just because things "could be worse" doesn't make your ickies any less real.
Hope that cuppa happy and the paint helped.
Miss ya!

Leah said...

I totally get this post. I found myself nodding my head furiously and even giggling a little. We are two of the same people you and I. If Terry saw this he would agree, my cup is always half empty. I hate it when he says that, I prefer to think of it as realistic. He, he