Thursday, December 24, 2009

Random Thoughts




A picture.....
A blog with a picture. For some reason that feels right. I love getting a glimpse into other people's world through their blogs and pictures. So I share a bit of my world in picture and words too. This picture is of Shawn and our yearly Christmas tree (Ina). We went the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The day was beautiful, sunny, and warm. The hunt for the perfect tree was interesting. And we found this perfect, shaggy, fat tree. She looks beautiful all dolled up in our ornaments and lights.

Acknowledgement....
During most holidays we end up with oodles of extended family drama in one form or another. This year is no different. We have a double whammy this year because there is drama on both sides of our extended families. It seems the when you get to the bottom line, we live a different lifesyle than most of our family members. They feel insecure next to this lifestlye at times and then point the finger at everyone but themselves and their insecurities. Usually I am knowing and accept how my side of the family is and Shawn doesn't want to deal with that drama so he opts out. This year with the drama on his side of the family I am suposed to go into the lions cave and deal with it because 'it is Christmas". This year when I pointed out his double standard he acknowledged it...... wow. Sometimes the acknowledgment is all that is needed. It isn't about who is right and who is wrong. It isn't about changing things you cannot control. It is about acknowledging the person speaking to you without patronizing them.

Merry Christmas....
I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I hope that people will be able to realize the spirit of Christmas is inside of them and that things will only be as good or as bad as they make them. I personally will be making mine a good one. We work too hard to have the holidays ruined by jealousy, insucurities, or .... drama.

Hug and happies.
m

1 comment:

Shelly said...

OH MY GOD!! Did you really name your Christmas tree "Ina"? Maybe I read that wrong but... that's freaking awesome!! I have made it a point, now, to name my following Christmas trees. That's the greatest =D