Monday, December 21, 2009

Ahhhh..... finding beauty.


Isn't it really about just opening up your mind to find the beauty?
I've worked the past few days and am kind of tired.
Usually when I am tired, I am crabby, and when I am crabby it is oh-so easy to find the BLECK in life.
However, all a person needs to do is open up their mind to find the beauty.
Also having an incredible support system (my created family) helps.

In scrapbooking news....
Tim Holtz is releasing some new distress inks. Yummy!!
I am addicted to watching artsy how-to videos.
They cuddle my creative soul with happiness and inspires me to create.
I actually finished (might have said this earlier) a few pages that have been on my desk forever and started a few more.
I am finding i work best in the 'kitchen sink' style. And I am working on letting go of perfection because it just isn't going to happen the way I think it should and that is perfectly OK!

In my head.....
I was walking into work Saturday night and I saw the signs for the ER physicians had been changed to say ED Physicians... with a marker!! The R had been written over with a black marker to make a D. This made me think A.) tacky!! B.) how I am seeing a change in culture. Back in the day is was Emergency Room because it literally was one room. Now the name is evolving into Emergency Department because it has become a catch all in the medical world. No longer is an emergency room a one room place... it is a melding pot of every imaginable medical issue ever known to man (and then some). I think though that the ED-ER change will take a while. Who would seriously know I was going to work in the emergency room if I write "ED here I come" or "a night of work in the ED" - not counting the peeps who actually KNOW I work in the emergency room.
I really REALLY do not want to go to the dentist.

What I have been doing....
Reading Eat Pray Love and Harry Potter (book 1).
Made my first set of prayer beads.
Working in the ED (hehehehe).
Spending too much money for Christmas and trying really hard to find the meaning but failing miserably.

Now I am off to go do.
Hugs and happies.
m

No comments: