Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"And I am Not Even Kidding"

1. That is the catch phrase, as of late, for Bailey and her BFF. It is kind of contagious. For today...this time getting away from me is totally kicking my butt and I am not even kidding! ;o)

2. Mason and I with our new glasses. These are his first pair of glasses. It is funny for me to watch him look at things with his 'new eyes'. I still remember the first time I put on my new glasses and I was SHOCKED you could actually see the leaves on the trees - they were just blobs of trees. LOL!
3. Shawn after our date. I love this man.

4. Finished "Pillars of the Earth"...sigh. Such a good book. Then found out there was a sequel and now I am working through 1029 pages of "World Without End". Another great book.

5. Tomorrow night I will be teaching my last scrapbooking class for this session. It has been a great learning experience. I love sharing the little bit that I know and seeing what is created from that. There is one girl in particular in my class that soaks up the info. Scrapbooking and creating is in her blood. ;o)

6. This week I am on spring break however it doesn't quite feel like it. The kids have school and I have so much to catch up on.

7. After 15 years of marriage Shawn and I got matching tattoos. May sound kind of strange to some, and I will admit that initially I said NO WAY! See, after my last 2 1/2 hour tattoo with Sara I said no more! And really meant it. But in the end Shawn got me. We had little 3's put on our foot. Shawn actually drew the 3 on my foot and the tattoo artist went from there. Why three?

Because:

The three most important words for us are I LOVE YOU. We say (and mean them) all the time. Those words ground us and sooth us. Bailey was born on the 30th of December. Mason was born in March - the 3rd month of the year. When Shawn and I were dating and he would drop me off I would flip on and off the light switch 3 times (I love you). While Shawn was in Bosnia and we had reached $600 phone bills and couldn't afford any more he would stand in line and let the phone ring three times (I love you). For as long as I can remember he and I will squeeze each others hands three times (I love you)......the 3 list goes on and on. Sounds like a perfect scrapbook page!

8. According to Mason this is my 'biggest layout EVER!" I was the poster I did for my sociology class. I agree with Shawn - I totally went overboard....and I am not even kidding! LMBO! This poster was only worth 25 points and yes I received all 25.

9. Speaking of the Cubs...they are playing in Meza, AZ right now for spring training. First game is March 31st (look at those two beautiful 3's-hehehehe).

10. Bailey was a rocking volleyball manager! I was proud she went through the season with her head up.


Ending with 10 today.
Hugs and happies.
m

3 comments:

dr said...

Dig the glasses he looks older.

Tell me about this "Pillars of Earth" I may be interested.

UUUHH, you got some one hooked on the MOST fab hobby;)

I bet it doesn't feel like spring break, it's what freezing..?

I tried to get my dh to get matching tatts on our toes on our 15th anniversay. He didn't go for it.

Like Jack says "3 is a magic number."

So dig the LO for class, worth all 25 point, I am NOT even kiddin'

Volley ball over all ready? WOW time does fly.

Miss ya!!

Leah said...

Wow, I love the tattoo idea! Hmmm, might have to show this post to dh, he would love this idea too. Great new glasses, you guys look great.

Pillars of the Earth was about?? I LOVE loonnnnng books. Why? Don't really know!

We are having spring break too, my kids are HOME and bored, because it is sooo not spring like outside. I have the worst cold ever, and don't feel like doing anything.

Have a great week! ((Hugs))

Aimee Ann said...

I love your story of 3... totally need to scrap about that.