Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Old and New

THE OLD:
1. I was looking through some old pictures which totally cracked me up! I love the warm fuzzy feeling or the memories envoked from pictures.

2. While on my walk down old photographs past I stumbled across a file on the computer with old scrapbook pages pictured in it. This too made me smile because I love the evolution of my scrap art and the stories that I have captured. It isn't very often that I actually sit and look through my scrapbook albums.....and I am thinking that maybe I should more often because it really is an eye opener of how far you have come and how many paths you have travled.

3. Let me share some of my scrapbook evolution..... In 'Priceless' the blue squares down the side are actually paint chips from Lowes. It was the first time that I had encorporated something like that into my layout. It was also the first time that I lifted an idea from TV (the priceless commercials). I remember being so dang proud of myself ;o) While looking through the file of older layouts this one caught my eye and totally made me smile (although you cannot see the dimples as well in this copy, the original layout really popped those awesome dimples of Shawn and Mason).
This is the VERY FIRST artsy-fartsy layout of mine. I was completely inspired by Rebecca Sower's book Scrapbooking Life's Little Moments.
I 'reused' a card that Shawn had got for me in this layout (the teal part) and tried to mimic the swirls by creating my own embossed paper. I remember that this layout made me feel resourseful and I felt I had captured true memories by using the card.
My first ever 100% scraplifted layout. Right now I cannot remember who did the original but it was in a magazine. Thank you to who ever you may be for your inspiration. Also used the twisty wired found in toy packaging (that I had everyone collect for me that Christmas because I was going to used them for tons of stuff - ended up throwing away 100 billion twisty thingies) and tied the ribbon to it. Worked like a charm.
Last of my 'old' show and tell is a layout that literally made me LOL when I was looking through the file. The pictures of Mason truely show that he is one of a kind. LOVE the memories this layout brings back. Memories that have already began to fade. I am glad they are captured in my scrapbooks!
4. Winter here in central IL is getting old. The cold is getting old. The cooped up home is getting old. I am ready for spring.
The New:
1. I have a new butterfly punch. Yes.....totally ran out and bought the butterfly punch mentioned in Ali E's blog with my Michael's 50% off coupon. I love butterflies. Sara always said if she had the opportunity she would come back to visit as a butterfly. Butterflies capture my heart. So - I have made a butterfly collage card this afternoon inspired by Ms. Ali E. Thank you to that talented and creative woman!
2. Yesterday while driving to pick up Mason from school I glance in the rear view mirror and noticed (with the way my hair was pulled back) I had a bunch of new highlights that the light was capturing! So pretty......until a milisecond later when I realize I haven't highlighted my hair, nor have I been out in the sun for it to lighten. I look closer in the mirror and see all of the GRAY FREAKIN' HAIR!!! I am serious! Silver streaks - not blonde!! When in the holy heck did that happen?????????????It makes me totally laugh because I don't feel like I should have that much gray hair and it seems to shock me to have gray hair. However since no one (including Shawn who would totally tell me) has said anything, I think I will just pretend the silver is "highlights'. ;o)
3. I think that I have a new cavity. Boohooo, this totally makes me sad and a bit nervous. I really, really, really do not like the dentist. Not sure why, but seriously would rather do an OB visit than a dentist visit. That is bad, isn't it? I mean really! It is just a dentist visit - do it and move one, but nooooooo.....I have this weird thing with the whole dentist in which I get all worked up and cancel the appointment, then reschedule, then find another excuse .... such an ordeal. I don't think I have many phobia, however this one seems to be in the list of few.
4. Have a new blog back ground. Trying out the neutrals.
5. Recieved the new Simple Scrapbook Magazine and Cloth Paper and Scissors! Completely ready for some inspiration from them. In fact, I am going to go be Inspired!
Stay warm this week.
Hugs and happies!
m
EDIT***Having issues with my spacing....grrrrr! When I type my blog, the spacing is fine, double spaced in between the number however when I actually post the spacing is lost. What the heck?? Any advise?

3 comments:

dr said...

UUUHHH! Me toooo. I love looking at old photos. That is why I scrap in chronological order. It's like a walk down memory lace everytime I go to a crop.

Soooooo diggin' all these LO's. Amazing how our creativity evolves.

Yeap yeap yeap! I loved the butterflies too. I wanna see your collage. please share;)

Embrace imperfection!! Right? You know gray hair is NOT a sign of age but wisdom. So I must be a real Smart ass!! hee hee

I got the book Photo Freedom from Ali and read the 1st page. I am very inspired I just can't find the time to do anything with my inspiration. ;(

I have spacing issues too- but mine involves the space between my ears. hee hee
Miss ya!!

Leah said...

Okay, this weeks blog post is kind of creepy. I too am getting sick of winter, we have had a TON of snow, and it seems to be getting colder not warmer. I'm losing my mind in this house. LOL. I was just complaining not even 15 minutes ago about my tooth. I just have to get that fixed soon, but I had a bad reaction to the anestetic last time and I'm totally afraid to go now! GREY HAIR!!! Isn't it the worst. I am 31 years old and I am ashamed to say, I have my very own greys. I can definitely say that mine are NOT highlights, I have to dye my hair pretty frequently.

LOVE all your "old" layouts. It is neat to look back, and see how you have evolved. Terry went away on a business trip, so I just posted a ton of "new" layouts. *Giggle*, I think we may just be kindred spirits you and I. If only we got the chance to talk more :(

Leah said...

Oh and P.S. those spacing issues are driving me crazy. Must make a note to harrass blogger. I think it is their issue. LOL