Sunday, June 13, 2010

Three in a row!

Yes, THREE POSTS IN A ROW!
I am on a roll :O)
Although tomorrow will be none because I am working a 12 hour shift in the ER.

Around here today:

1. Mason came home from spending the night at a friends house and asked me to stand up (I was reading a book on the couch). I stood up and an gave me the biggest hug and told me "I really, REALLY missed you mom!" He just held on. So totally sweet... especially when he is crossing into the teenage years.

2. Lisa came over this evening for a visit and a bloody mary.

3. I finished a scrapbook page, a couple of cards, an ATC card, and 2 layers on a page in my art journal. Wishing I had a decent scanner to scan stuff in, but I don't. Nor do I have the computer knowledge to deal with a scanner... I am doing good if I can work my laptop without it crashing :-) Until then, I will continue to take pictures and post them. Here is a picture of my scrapbook page. Very simple and sweet.

A little abstract picture with some oil pastels. Those things are amazing! Love, love, love how they blend and the bold colors. This picture really does not do the color justice. I will work on my photography skills also :O)Here are some cards that I have been working on. I splurged on the new Donna Downey 'SHE' stamps and love them out loud!! I must admit for some reason I am a bit timid about creating. There isn't one thing in particular that I can put my fingers on but I have been very timid with my creative play. Maybe too much product, too many things to work with, too many mediums... maybe I am stifled?

4. Shawn is on vacation this week. Love that he is around but hate that he is 'bored'. It isn't like there isn't anything to do because, believe me, I have a long list :O) I do hope this vacation rejuvenates him. Third shift has been rough on him and the family.

5. My favorite THREE.....

6. Storms keep blowing in around here. It seriously feels like it should be spring. I though spring was supposed to come in like a lion and go out like a lamb. Why is it that summer is feeling like spring? Weird.

7. Mason got his junior high class schedule yesterday. OMGoh!! Seriously, is my BABY going into junior high?? Shouldn't that make me old? I don't feel old... just shocked that I my lil' guy will no longer be in elementary school. Sigh.

Heading to bed, 5:30AM comes very early for this night owl.
Hugs and Happies.
m


No comments: