Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Book List (2008) Blog

As you may well know, I have trouble posting a blog without a picture.
So.....here is a picture.
Bailey pointed it out this morning on our way out the door to school. She said "look Mom it's a heart". We don't know how the impression was made but it looked like someone did it on purpose. Totally made us smile!
Now for the Book List of 2008.
Might bore some of you.
But I like to use my blog as a journal... so here goes:
1. The Memory Keeper's Daughter Kim Edwards
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns Khaled Hosseini
3. Wicked Gregory Maguire
4. Quickie James Patterson
5. Shadow Music Julie Garwood
6. The Almost Moon Alice Sebold
7. The 6th Hour James Patterson
8. The Pillars of the Earth Ken Follett
9. Dogs of Babel Carolyn Parkhurst
10. World Without End Ken Follett
11. Journal Revolution Linda Woods and Karen Dinio
12. Kite Runner Khaled Hosseini
13. Second Glance Jodi Picoult
14. How To Be Happy Dammit Karen Salmanson
15. The Mephisto Club Tess Gerristen
16. 7th Heaven James Patterson
17. The Final Warning James Patterson
18. Lost Souls Lisa Jackson
19. Heartstopper Joy Fielding
20. Plum Lucky Janet Evanovich
21. The Tenth Circle Jodi Picoult
22. The Host Stephanie Meyer
23. City of Bones Cassandra Clare
24. Change of Heart Jodi Picoult
25. City of Ashes Cassandra Clare
26. White Out Ken Follet
27. Sail James Patterson/Howard Roughan
28. Breaking Dawn Stephanie Meyer
29. Eleven on Top Janet Evanovich
30. Hunting Fear Kay Hooper
31. Lean Mean 13 Janet Evanovich
32. Daniel X James Patterson/Michael LEdwidge
33. The Keepsake Tess Gerristen
34. Fractured Karin Slaughter
35. Smoke Screen Sandra Brown
36. Change of Heart Jodi Picoult
37. The Lace Reader Brunonia Barry
I didn't list the billions of nursing books I read because...well that would be boring. LOL!
Here is what I have learned from these books to pass on to all of you readers out there.
Looking on this list I see things that stand out and books I cannot remember (which means they probably weren't uber good but OK):
***The Lace Reader was a shocking book that made me rethink all that I had read...wowza still thinking on that one.
***James Patterson books are really not that great any more. Not sure of if he is putting them out to fast or if it is the people he is writing with, but ehhhh.
***I will gobble up and read ANYTHING Stephanie Meyer, Karin Slaughter, Tess Gerristen, or Jodi Picoult puts out for us.
***Pillars of the Earth was worth reading all 700billion pages....REALLY liked that book!
***Didn't think I would like A Thousand Splendid Suns but read it anyway for a book club and it made me cry. A good book.
***Any time I want a good laugh and easy read I pick up a Janet Evanovich book. Anyone out there who doesn't have time and is stressed pick up her One for The Money. That series had me laughing out loud and I would read an excerpt to Shawn because he would want to know what I could possible be reading to make me laugh out loud.
ANYHOOO.... I am sure there is more but I really must go pick up Bai from the bus stop.
Hugs and happies to you.
See you soon (with some good pictures)
m

4 comments:

Leah said...

There are so many books on this list that I want to read! Thanks for showing us what your reading!!

xoxox

SKeenan76 said...

I'm loving Jodi Picoult! I got a book from Shawn for Christmas and have about 4 others. I'm going to come back to this post for other recommendations!

Sorry I've been MIA again -- trying to get back into the swing of things after 2 1/2 wks away! ;)

xo

dr said...

Are you some Bionic Reader or something??? How in the world could you, be a mom, a student (who actually studies)& work and still find time to read this many books in one year?

Love the post- great idie must do myslef. Have a fantastic year and hope to share a cuppa happy soon.

Heather Landry said...

I completely agree with Jodi Picoult, Stephenie Meyer, and Evanovich. They are all awesome.

Leah gave me the link to your blog because she enjoyed your book list, and knew I would too!